YOUR NEW WARDROBE STAPLE!
Sew your own dungarees for a casual everyday look that’s bang on trend. The Mila dungarees are slim fitting on the hips and legs, with stylish side button openings and essential pockets on the front bib and booty (Want more pockets? Download the bonus hip patch pocket pattern for free!) Make them in a woven fabric with a touch of stretch for comfort and fit.
Cute, practical and great for all seasons, wear your Mila dungarees with a t-shirt, button-down shirt or roll neck sweater.
This easy-to-use sewing pattern will take you through the steps to making the Mila dungarees, with jargon-busting instructions and photos showing you how to sew each part.
"Thank you so much for producing such beautiful, easy-to-follow instructions. You are a sewist’s dream!" - Harriet
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet. (Alternatively you can order the digital version to print and assemble at home, or have the copy shop A0 option printed.)
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium weight stretch denim, needlecord or woven cotton with at least 2% lycra or spandex.
- Fabric – 2m (2¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.8m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- 0.4m (3/8 yards) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Matching thread
- 2 x 30-35mm (1¼ - 1½in) wide dungaree buckles (or 2 x buttons)
- 6 x 15mm (5/8in) buttons
- Optional: Contrast colour topstitch thread and topstitch/embroidery needle
- Sewing machine and basic tools
SIZES (Body measurements)
Pattern sizes below are not applicable to the maternity patterns.
|1 (UK 6 / US 2 / EUR 34)||76cm (30in)||61cm (24in)||84cm (33in)|
|2 (UK 8 / US 4 / EUR 36)||81cm (32in)||66cm (26in)||89cm (35in)|
|3 (UK 10 / US 6 / EUR 38)||86.5cm (34in)||71cm (28in)||94cm (37in)|
|4 (UK 12 / US 8 / EUR 40)||91.5cm (36in)||76cm (30in)||99cm (39in)|
|5 (UK 14 / US 10 / EUR 42)||96.5cm (38in)||81cm (32in)||104cm (41in)|
|6 (UK 16 / US 12 / EUR 44)||101.5cm (40in)||86.5cm (34in)||109cm (43in)|
|7 (UK 18 / US 14 / EUR 46)||106.5cm (42in)||91.5cm (36in)||114cm (45in)|
|8 (UK 20 / US 16 / EUR 48)||112cm (44in)||96.5cm (38in)||119.5cm (47in)|
|9 (UK 22 / US 18 / EUR 50)||117cm (46in)||101.5cm (40in)||124.5cm (49in)|
|10 (UK 24 / US 20 / EUR 52)||122cm (48in)||106.5cm (42in)||129.5cm (51in)|
*Sizes 9 and 10 available with the Stevie and Indigo sewing patterns only*
Orders by post
|To the UK:||To Europe:||To North America:||To the rest of the world:|
|1 pattern or bag or buckles||£1.50||£4.50||£5.00||£5.50|
|2 patterns or bags||£2.00||£6.00||£6.50||£7.00|
|3 or more patterns or bags||£2.50||£7.50||£8.00||£8.50|
|1 book + 1-4 patterns or bags||£3.00||£8.50||£9.00||£10.00|
|1 Eden kit||£7.50||£20.00||£20.00||£20.00|
Christmas posting dates
We use Royal Mail to ship our orders and the last recommended posting dates to guarantee you receive your sewing goodies by Christmas are:
- Australia, Middle and Far East (excluding Hong Kong and Singapore), New Zealand, and all other non-European destinations (excluding Canada, South Africa and USA): Saturday 5 October 2019
- Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, USA: Saturday 12 October 2019
- Cyprus, Eastern Europe, Greece, Iceland, Malta, Turkey: Saturday 2 November 2019
- Western Europe: Saturday 16 November
- UK: Wednesday 18 December
Receiving digital patterns
Digital patterns are PDF files delivered to your email instantly, ready for you to print at home (or at the office – ssshhh!) on A4 or US Letter paper. You will also receive the copy shop A0 files for large format printing.