Gorgeous step-by-step guides to sewing your own clothes!
- Refreshingly clear instructions that translate the sewing jargon
- Easy-to-follow step-by-step photos
- Patterns printed on durable paper (not tissue) that doesn't rip or scrunch easily
- Stylish, wearable designs with multiple variations
- Inclusive size range, with many designs available in 15 sizes, from UK 6-34
- Made in the UK using FSC certified paper and vegetable ink
- Extra sewing support with free tutorials on our popular sewing blog
ABOUT OUR FOUNDER: TILLY WALNES
After friends and random strangers kept telling her the same story - that they'd love to make their own clothes if only sewing patterns weren't so confusing and intimidating - Tilly set out to rethink sewing resources for modern makers.
Combining her expertise in designing learning programmes with her passion for DIY dressmaking, she translated the jargon into plain English, replaced head-scratching diagrams with gorgeous colour photos, and added helpful sewing tips - all stirred up with a hearty dose of encouragement.
Tilly began sewing in 2010 after feeling an urge to do something creative with her hands. She instantly fell head over heels in love with being able to take a flat piece of fabric and turn it into a dress that she'd dreamed up in her head. Over the next few years, she dived deep into the world of sewing, starting a popular blog, studying pattern making and professional sewing techniques at the London College of Fashion, and dreaming about stitching seams day and night.
After launching her first sewing patterns and signing her first book deal, Tilly quit her day job to focus on the company full time. The growing Tilly and the Buttons team now work from a lovely studio in South London, with a growing catalogue of sewing patterns, books and online workshops.