COCO TOP + DRESS
Learn to sew with knit fabric!
Fill your wardrobe with classic Breton tops, cosy knit dresses and sixties-style funnel necks - all from the same pattern and no overlocker or serger required! Choose from top or dress length, boat neckline or funnel roll neck, long or three quarter sleeves with optional rolled cuffs and patch pockets.
This easy-to-use sewing pattern will take you through the steps to making the Coco top or dress, with jargon-busting instructions and photos showing you how to sew each part.
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full scale pattern sheets and a colour photo booklet to guide you through the steps. Alternatively you can order the digital version to print and assemble at home, or have the copy shop A0 option printed..
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
BONUS TUTORIALS - Follow the detailed Coco sewalong on the blog for extra guidance and design variations. For help sewing knit fabrics on a regular sewing machine, sign up to our online workshop, Learn to Sew Jersey Tops.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium weight knit fabric with very little stretch. Look out for interlock knit, double knit, ponte di roma, or feel the fabric to check it’s not too fine or stretchy.
- Dress with funnel neck + cuffs - 2.3m x 150cm wide (2 1/2 yards x 60in) OR 3m x 115cm wide (3 1/4 yards x 45in)
- Plain dress - 2m (2¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.7m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Top with funnel neck + cuffs – 1.8m (2 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.7m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Plain top – 1.5m (1¾ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.2m (2½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- Ribbon or stay tape - 30cm (12in) x 6-8mm (1/4in) wide
- Stretch or ballpoint needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)
SIZES (Body measurements)
Pattern sizes below are not applicable to the maternity patterns.
|1 (UK 6 / US 2 / EUR 34)||76cm (30in)||61cm (24in)||84cm (33in)|
|2 (UK 8 / US 4 / EUR 36)||81cm (32in)||66cm (26in)||89cm (35in)|
|3 (UK 10 / US 6 / EUR 38)||86.5cm (34in)||71cm (28in)||94cm (37in)|
|4 (UK 12 / US 8 / EUR 40)||91.5cm (36in)||76cm (30in)||99cm (39in)|
|5 (UK 14 / US 10 / EUR 42)||96.5cm (38in)||81cm (32in)||104cm (41in)|
|6 (UK 16 / US 12 / EUR 44)||101.5cm (40in)||86.5cm (34in)||109cm (43in)|
|7 (UK 18 / US 14 / EUR 46)||106.5cm (42in)||91.5cm (36in)||114cm (45in)|
|8 (UK 20 / US 16 / EUR 48)||112cm (44in)||96.5cm (38in)||119.5cm (47in)|
|9 (UK 22 / US 18 / EUR 50)||117cm (46in)||101.5cm (40in)||124.5cm (49in)|
|10 (UK 24 / US 20 / EUR 52)||122cm (48in)||106.5cm (42in)||129.5cm (51in)|
*Sizes 9 and 10 available with the Stevie and Indigo sewing patterns only*
Orders by post
|To the UK:||To Europe:||To North America:||To the rest of the world:|
|1 pattern or bag or buckles||£1.50||£4.50||£5.00||£5.50|
|2 patterns or bags||£2.00||£6.00||£6.50||£7.00|
|3 or more patterns or bags||£2.50||£7.50||£8.00||£8.50|
|1 book + 1-4 patterns or bags||£3.00||£8.50||£9.00||£10.00|
|1 Eden kit||£7.50||£20.00||£20.00||£20.00|
Christmas posting dates
We use Royal Mail to ship our orders and the last recommended posting dates to guarantee you receive your sewing goodies by Christmas are:
- Australia, Middle and Far East (excluding Hong Kong and Singapore), New Zealand, and all other non-European destinations (excluding Canada, South Africa and USA): Saturday 5 October 2019
- Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, USA: Saturday 12 October 2019
- Cyprus, Eastern Europe, Greece, Iceland, Malta, Turkey: Saturday 2 November 2019
- Western Europe: Saturday 16 November
- UK: Wednesday 18 December
Receiving digital patterns
Digital patterns are PDF files delivered to your email instantly, ready for you to print at home (or at the office – ssshhh!) on A4 or US Letter paper. You will also receive the copy shop A0 files for large format printing.