Hours: Part time 14-21 hours per week including time in the office Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings (will consider flexible working week patterns)
Salary: £22,000 per annum pro rata
Contract: One-year fixed term contract, with the possibility of extension
Probationary period: 3 months
Location: West Norwood/West Dulwich, London (no virtual assistant applications please).
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Tilly and the Buttons designs and sells gorgeous, easy-to-use sewing patterns, books and online workshops for modern home crafters.
Our award-winning sewing patterns are sold through our online shop and to trade customers around the world, from independent haberdasheries to larger retailers such as John Lewis and Liberty of London. We have two bestselling sewing books, run sewing workshops online, and enjoy interacting online with a friendly and engaged community of makers through our popular blog and social media accounts (@TillyButtons).
You will be joining a fast growing, ambitious and creative company, working with a small and friendly team in a bright and airy studio in South London.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a part time Office Assistant to get orders out to our customers and stockists, keep the studio organised and assist the team with a range of tasks. If you’re helpful, committed, attentive and efficient, we’d love to hear from you.
Our ideal candidate will have a positive, pro-active attitude, will be happy to be hands on packaging orders, and will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and efficient even when doing repetitive tasks such as stuffing envelopes, cutting fabric and compiling sewing kits.
You will be supporting a tight knit dedicated Tilly and the Buttons team. Whilst this isn’t a creative role, it’s an essential role in a creative brand, and you will have opportunities to meet our lovely customers at the various shows we attend each year, assist at photo shoots and do some sewing!
This is a part time job working 14-21 hours per week but you must be in the office Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings in order to process retail and wholesale orders. You will also be required to work occasional weekends and evenings at photo shoots and trade shows.
- Processing orders using Excel and Word
- Packing orders (including light manual work lifting boxes up to 15kg)
- Booking couriers and organising deliveries
- Monitoring stock and supply levels, and keeping products in pristine condition
- Supporting the Product Manager to prepare materials for photo shoots and samples
- Cutting fabric and assembling sewing kits
- Taking deliveries, welcoming visitors and running ad hoc errands for the team
- Caretaking for the studio, keeping it a clean and safe environment to work in, including cleaning sewing machines and irons
- Representing the brand and selling to customers at retail and trade shows
- Deputising for the Office Manager when necessary, including responding to customer emails
- Assisting the team with other tasks as required, such as online research, setting up shows and possibly some sewing depending on skill.
- A positive, helpful attitude and willingness to undertake a range of tasks
- Experience working in an office, administrative or despatch role
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Excel, Word, and using a Mac
- Accuracy and attention to detail, including checking orders are labelled correctly and fabric cut accurately
- Organised and efficient, ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise and remaining calm under pressure
- Problem solving-skills, with a love of getting things done and delivering work efficiently and to a high standard
- Friendly and confident, with a professional demeanour
- A love of keeping spaces clean and organised
- Willingness to work in a flexible manner and undertake other duties as reasonably required, including working occasional weekends and travelling for shows
- Must be able to lift 15kg (those boxes of Tilly books are heavy!)
- A sense of humour and enjoyment in work
DESIRABLE EXTRAS (i.e. These skills would be bonus but are not required)
- Sewing skills
- Experience in delivering exceptional customer care
HOW TO APPLY
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with two attachments (Word or PDF):
1) A covering letter (1–2 pages max) describing:
- How you meet the essential requirements (and any desirable extras) of the post
- Why you would love the job
- What days you’re available to work and when you’re able to start
2) Your CV outlining any relevant training and experience, including email and phone number contacts for two referees. Ideally we would like to talk to referees before a final decision is made, so please indicate whether we can contact either referee before a job offer is confirmed.
The deadline to submit your application is midday BST on Wednesday 7th August 2019.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 21st August 2019 and will include a test related to some of the job requirements. Shortlisted interviewees may be invited to a paid day’s trial of the role.
If you're interested in an internship, please email office [at] tillyandthebuttons.com with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to intern with us and what you would be interested in doing.
As part of a busy office, interns help us out with a variety of tasks, from packing orders to online research, editing photos and contributing to the blog, assisting with sewing, pattern production and photo shoots. Please note - only a small proportion of the work will be "creative" and we do not offer training in pattern drafting.
Interns are usually with us 2 days per week for 3 months. These roles are unpaid, but we offer expenses for lunch and travel within London.