We have a job vacancy on the Tilly and the Buttons team for a Social Media Producer!
SOCIAL MEDIA PRODUCER - applications closed
Part time: 17-21 hours per week, with flexible hours spread across the week (including 1 hour or so at the weekend)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Contract: One year fixed term contract, with the possibility of extension
Probationary period: 3 months
Location: Home working and West Dulwich, London, UK
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Tilly and the Buttons designs and sells gorgeous, easy-to-use guides to sewing your own clothes. We aim to make sewing accessible and fun for modern crafters, including complete beginners.
We design a line of award-winning garment sewing patterns, sold through our online shop and to wholesale customers around the world, from independent haberdasheries to larger retailers such as John Lewis and Hobbycraft. We teach sewing workshops online through video lessons, and have a series of popular sewing books. We share free sewing tutorials online through our blog and YouTube channel. We enjoy interacting online with our large and friendly social media following.
You will be working with a small and friendly team, initially predominantly from home during the Covid restrictions, with occasional days in our South London office, and potentially more office days in the future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Social Media Producer to manage Tilly and the Buttons’ popular social media channels, create exciting content and engage with our followers.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with the confidence to take responsibility for a variety of social media channels. You will be able to manage your own workload and have the agility to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
You will enjoy dreaming up ideas for content and initiatives that spread the sewing bug and promote Tilly and the Buttons products and brand, and the diligence to see these ideas through to completion. You will also have the confidence to create content based on sewing tips and tutorials – you should have some sewing knowledge yourself, and can supplement this with help from the team or other resources where needed.
You will have a friendly and helpful demeanour, and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our followers.
If you have video making skills and/or experience creating step-by-step sewing tutorials, these will be a bonus, and may lead to extending the role’s hours in the future.
- Plan and coordinate Tilly and the Buttons content calendar across our social media channels (Instagram, Blog, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest)
- Create original content about our products and sewing tips for all channels, including writing some of our blog posts
- Engage with our social media followers, replying to questions and comments about sewing and our products (with help from the team when needed)
- Produce videos for our YouTube channel, either filming and editing them yourself if you have the skills, or by working with a freelance filmmaker
- Take photos for social media and edit them for different channels
- Maintain blog archives and promote existing content across social channels to maintain visibility
- Analyse and report on social media stats and devise strategies to grow engagement and product sales
- Keep up to date with social media trends, regulations and best practice
- Coordinate advertising with our sponsors, including creating original sponsored content and providing sponsors with excellent customer service
- Devise and manage paid adverts to promote our products on social media, and analyse the results
- Coordinate promotions and gifting to influencers
- Assist the Sales and Communications Manager with other tasks related to marketing and communications as needed and deputise for her when required
- Support the team with other tasks as required, including representing the brand at events (post-Covid restrictions)
- Experience in creating original and engaging social media content, both long-form (for blogs and/or videos) and short-form (e.g. for Instagram)
- Knowledge and experience of engaging and growing audiences on social media, including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and Pinterest
- Excellent communication skills, with a friendly, helpful and professional demeanour towards customers
- Confidence using online platforms such as blogging and social networking sites
- Strong attention to detail with spelling and grammar
- Good photography skills and some photo editing skills
- Passion for garment sewing and a working knowledge of sewing basics
- Knowledge of the online sewing community
- A “can do” attitude and team player, willing to undertake other duties as reasonably required, including managing social media at weekends
- A sense of humour and enjoyment in work
DESIRABLE EXTRAS (i.e. some of these skills would be a bonus, but not essential)
- Skills and experience of filming and/or editing videos
- Experience in writing, photographing and/or filming step-by-step craft tutorials
- Experience of working with brands, influencers and/or journalists
- Basic knowledge of HTML formatting for a blog or website
- Understanding of Google Analytics / social media metrics
- Proofreading and/or copy editing skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with two attachments (Word or PDF):
1) A covering letter (2 pages max) outlining:
- How you meet the essential requirements and any desirable extras of the post, with specific examples from your experience
- Why you would love the job
- Your salary expectations
- Links to examples of relevant work, explaining your role in them (blog posts, videos, social media channels…)
2) Your CV (2 pages max) outlining skills and experience relevant to the post. Please include an email and phone number for two referees, and state whether they can be contacted before a job offer is confirmed.
The deadline to submit your application is 10am on Monday 18th January 2021. Interviews will be held remotely, and will include practical exercises related to the essential criteria.
If you're interested in an internship, please email office [at] tillyandthebuttons.com with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to intern with us and what you would be interested in doing.
As part of a busy office, interns help us out with a variety of tasks, from packing orders to online research, editing photos and contributing to the blog, assisting with sewing, pattern production and photo shoots. Please note - only a small proportion of the work will be "creative" and we do not offer training in pattern drafting.
Interns are usually with us 2 days per week for 3 months. These roles are unpaid, but we offer expenses for lunch and travel within London.