SWOON OVER SEREN!
This flirty button-down dress is perfect for picnics in the park or cocktails under the stars. Choose from a pretty neckline flounce or tie-front bodice, with knee-length or midi hemline. Seren has bust darts, wide shoulder straps, a separate waistband for a flattering fit, flowing into a seventies-inspired A-line skirt. Just add espadrilles and a sunhat!
Seren includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full-scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet. (Alternatively, you can order the digital version to print and assemble at home, or have the copy shop A0 option printed.)
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Light- to medium-weight woven fabrics such as cotton lawn, chambray, shirting, seersucker, broderie anglaise, linen, viscose (rayon), crêpe de chine. If you’re making the flounce, choose a drapey fabric to keep it soft and flowy.
- Fabric - Knee-length version: 2.2m (2 ½yd) x 150cm (60in) wide [0.2m (1/4yd) less without flounce] OR 2.7m (2 7⁄8yd) x 130cm (51in) wide [0.4m (3/8yd) less without flounce]
Midi-length version: 2.5m (2¾yd) x 150cm (60in) wide [0.2m (1/4yd) less without flounce] (fabric must be at least 130cm (51in) wide for knee-length version, 150cm (60in) wide for midi-length version)
- Matching thread
- 0.8m (1yd) interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 12-18mm (1/2-3/4in) wide buttons – 14 for knee-length version or 15 for midi-length version
- Sewing machine and basic tools, incl buttonhole foot
SIZES (Body measurements)
Pattern sizes below are not applicable to the maternity patterns.
|1 (UK 6 / US 2 / EUR 34)||76cm (30in)||61cm (24in)||84cm (33in)|
|2 (UK 8 / US 4 / EUR 36)||81cm (32in)||66cm (26in)||89cm (35in)|
|3 (UK 10 / US 6 / EUR 38)||86.5cm (34in)||71cm (28in)||94cm (37in)|
|4 (UK 12 / US 8 / EUR 40)||91.5cm (36in)||76cm (30in)||99cm (39in)|
|5 (UK 14 / US 10 / EUR 42)||96.5cm (38in)||81cm (32in)||104cm (41in)|
|6 (UK 16 / US 12 / EUR 44)||101.5cm (40in)||86.5cm (34in)||109cm (43in)|
|7 (UK 18 / US 14 / EUR 46)||106.5cm (42in)||91.5cm (36in)||114cm (45in)|
|8 (UK 20 / US 16 / EUR 48)||112cm (44in)||96.5cm (38in)||119.5cm (47in)|
|9 (UK 22 / US 18 / EUR 50)||117cm (46in)||101.5cm (40in)||124.5cm (49in)|
|10 (UK 24 / US 20 / EUR 52)||122cm (48in)||106.5cm (42in)||129.5cm (51in)|
*Sizes 9 and 10 available with the Stevie and Indigo sewing patterns only*
Orders by post
|To the UK:||To Europe:||To North America:||To the rest of the world:|
|1 pattern or bag or buckles||£1.50||£4.50||£5.00||£5.50|
|2 patterns or bags||£2.00||£6.00||£6.50||£7.00|
|3 or more patterns or bags||£2.50||£7.50||£8.00||£8.50|
|1 book + 1-4 patterns or bags||£3.00||£8.50||£9.00||£10.00|
|1 Eden kit||£7.50||£20.00||£20.00||£20.00|
Christmas posting dates
We use Royal Mail to ship our orders and the last recommended posting dates to guarantee you receive your sewing goodies by Christmas are:
- Australia, Middle and Far East (excluding Hong Kong and Singapore), New Zealand, and all other non-European destinations (excluding Canada, South Africa and USA): Saturday 5 October 2019
- Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Africa, USA: Saturday 12 October 2019
- Cyprus, Eastern Europe, Greece, Iceland, Malta, Turkey: Saturday 2 November 2019
- Western Europe: Saturday 16 November
- UK: Wednesday 18 December
Receiving digital patterns
Digital patterns are PDF files delivered to your email instantly, ready for you to print at home (or at the office – ssshhh!) on A4 or US Letter paper. You will also receive the copy shop A0 files for large format printing.